Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cleaning out the Closets... Feeling Fat!

Dear Charlotte,

For the New Year, I have decided to go through my old clothes and donate or throw away the ones that don’t fit, or are worn out--and this is quite an undertaking!

I am one of those people that saves things forever, and I have a lot of clothes in my closet I have had for 20 years. I have noticed that there are a lot of clothes that don’t fit—are even several sizes too small and some that I only wore a couple times. I haven’t been worried about my size, although I know I have gained weight over the years, but looking at the pile of “too-small” clothes was a little depressing. Do I have to worry?

Franny H. Minneapolis


Dear Franny,

Congratulations to you for taking the initiative to clear out the clutter from your closets. It is healthy to go through your old stuff and get rid of things that don’t fit and you will never wear again—and it is healthy to not be concerned about your “weight” as long as you are contented about the way you eat and how food makes you feel.

Over 20 years a lot happens…styles change, and so do our bodies. Do not be depressed that these old clothes don’t fit anymore…you probably wouldn’t want to wear them even if they did! What is important is how you feel about your body and how you look in your clothes. Weight is a number, and it will go up and down. I do not like to focus on that, but rather the other things in life that are important: family, friends, health, happiness, and fulfillment. If you are content in these things, then be excited that you are gaining some more closet space and that you are de-cluttering your life.

Best of luck with your project.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach

Become The Real You will instruct you on how to listen to your own body. How to eat whatever you want to achieve and maintain your perfect body weight! No more diets, no drugs, no counting calories. It’s simple...and it works!

Become The Real You is a process is for anyone who:

--Is tired of yo-yo dieting
--Wants to return to their natural shape
--Wants to come to peace with food and their body
--Wants to lose weight permanently
--Wants freedom from food obsession

Contact Charlotte today to learn more at 800.496.7710.

No comments:

Become the Real You