Friday, October 17, 2008

Weight Loss: Hitting a Plateau

Dear Charlotte,

I started walking 2 miles a day and limiting my calorie intake to about 1500 a day. After a month, I had lost about 8 pounds and I felt great. Then during the next two weeks I upped my walking to 4-5 miles a day and same calorie intake. But nothing has changed. I weigh the same and all my measurements are the same. What is the problem? What am I missing?

Amanda S.

Dear Amanda,

Congratulations on your recent weight loss. My initial feeling is that perhaps the calorie intake is too low for you though. Your body may need more calories – and energy to run optimally and by restricting yourself, even with the extra exercise, you may be suffering from a lowered metabolism.

This is just a guess, based on the little you have told me, but it is something to consider. I would ask: “are you hungry?” and “how does your body feel?” Addition more, healthy meals may not only fuel your additional exercise, but aid your metabolism and help you lose that weight.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you if you are interested in discussing a coaching relationship. I have many clients like you that have come to an block in their weight loss goals and this happens for a variety of reasons that you may not even be aware of.

Please call me at 800.496.7710 or email charlotte@secretsofslimpeople.com, and we can discuss your situation and take the next steps.

You may visit my website at http://www.secretsofslimpeople.com.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach

Become The Real You will instruct you on how to listen to your own body. How to eat whatever you want to achieve and maintain your perfect body weight! No more diets, no drugs, no counting calories. It’s simple...and it works!

No comments:

Become the Real You