Thursday, September 18, 2008

Depressed about Eating

Dear Charlotte,

I have a food question that I hope you can help me with... Why do I sometimes feel depressed about eating when I should be happy about it? There are times that I feel dread before I eat and even worse after I eat. I want to feel good about food and the way I enjoy it as if it were a gift instead of a vice.

Lawrence

Dear Lawrence,

I so understand what you are saying. We would have to look at what the “dread” is about to find the real answer to this question. Have you dieted many times before and then when you eat you hate yourself for eating and so therefore the dread comes up? Are you afraid to eat, afraid of gaining weight or afraid of being hungry? What is the story you are telling yourself. I would really like to explore this with you further. Eating is a gift and a pleasurable one. When you eat when you are physically hungry food tastes so wonderful. Let’s talk.

Call me at please contact me at 800 496 7710 or email charlotte@secretsofslimpeople.com.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach



We welcome your comments and emails.
Please note that if you email Charlotte Smith and we post your question here, we will may edit the text, change the name or use initials to protect your privacy. If you do not want your question posted, please let us know. If you use the "comment" feature below, your post will show exactly as you wrote it. If you have any questions, please let us know -
(The Charlotte Smith Team)



No comments:

Become the Real You