Friday, September 19, 2008

Emotional Eating

Dear Charlotte,

I know that eating is something that I do whenever I feel sad or depressed, or even anxious. I understand waiting to eat until I “feel” hungry, but I feel like I “need” to eat to feel better. How can I get past this dependence?

Alana D.

Dear Alana,

Many people use food like a thermostat. You get too happy you eat, you get too sad, you eat. You use food to keep you at an even emotional level. It is different almost every time you use food to cope with emotions. Emotional eating is caused by anxiety. I teach my clients to identify the hunger they are feeding. There are five hungers: spiritual, mental, social, physical, emotional. Then once we know the true hunger, I help them identify solutions to implement instead of eating.

I’d love to give you some examples and talk with you further if you would like to contact me at 800 496 7710 or email charlotte@secretsofslimpeople.com. You may visit my website at www.secretsofslimpeople.com.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach

Become The Real You will instruct you on how to listen to your own body. How to eat whatever you want to achieve and maintain your perfect body weight! No more diets, no drugs, no counting calories. It’s simple...and it works!

Become The Real You is a process is for anyone who:
--Is tired of yo-yo dieting
--Wants to return to their natural shape
--Wants to come to peace with food and their body
--Wants to lose weight permanently
--Wants freedom from food obsession

Contact Charlotte today to learn more at 800.496.7710.

No comments:

Become the Real You