Sunday, September 21, 2008

I want Ice Cream! Is it OK?

Hi Charlotte!

This all sounds very interesting, but how do I know my body is asking for the right things? If I think it wants ice cream, should I give it ice cream? Won’t I gain weight?

Wendy

Dear Wendy,

The answer to your question is no actually. If you have been in deprivation for many years, your fear and judgment about the ice cream will make you gain weight. The goal is to make peace with food. It’s just ice cream. When your body is physically hungry it generally does not want just ice cream. It will want other foods. However you have to give yourself permission to have the ice cream. If you do that, the obsession vanishes. Please talk to me about this, I understand how scary that can be.

Please contact me at 800.496.7710 or email charlotte@secretsofslimpeople.com. You may visit my website at www.secretsofslimpeople.com.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach

No comments:

Become the Real You