Monday, September 22, 2008

Eating together...Losing weight together?

Dear Charlotte,

My husband and I are both considered “obese” and have been for some time. We know that part of our problems are that we eat together—so if my husband is hungry, I eat, even if I am not and vice versa. And we have tried every diet from grapefruit to Adkins and nothing has worked. In your coaching program, is it possible to work with two people at once? We believe that in order to be successful, we will have to be on the same program together.

Jennifer and Jack


Dear Jennifer and Jack,

Absolutely you can do the program together. I have worked with many couples. You are able to support and encourage each other and understand. You will both learn that you eat when you are hungry and not when the other person is hungry. There is also a way to pace yourself so that you may enjoy meals together. However there will be times that perhaps you will say to your husband “Jack, I’m just not hungry right now, but I’d love to have a glass of tea and talk to you while you eat”.

Please call me for more information 800.496.7710 or email charlotte@secretsofslimpeople.com. You may visit my website at www.secretsofslimpeople.com. I look forward to hearing from you and being able to help you, as a couple, achieve your weight goals.

Charlotte Smith
Eating Consultant and Life Coach

No comments:

Become the Real You